The Research Laboratory Technician assists with the biological sampling procedures required of each clinical trial and dictates tasks to Laboratory Assistants conducting the sampling activities related to each study. This position is responsible for assisting with the coordination of the preparation, collection, documentation, processing, inventory and shipment of biological specimens for clinical trials and reports to the Laboratory Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists with the coordination of operational activities in the laboratory, providing direction to the Laboratory Assistants with completing daily tasks; conducts laboratory testing and specialized processing.
2. Follows the policies and procedures for laboratory operations to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the laboratory in compliance with federal, state and sponsor specific standards.
3. Assists with the ordering, inventory, storage, and maintenance of study supplies, lab ware, and instruments essential to the operation of the laboratory. Performs daily laboratory facilities and equipment maintenance.
4. Provides advanced problem solving, troubleshooting, interpretation/consultation, verification of specimen quality.
5. Reviews laboratory processing documents for accuracy.
Certifications & Licenses