Working under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Pharmacy, the Pharmacist will be involved in all pharmacy-related functions for clinical trial studies conducted at WCCT Global.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensures pharmacy practice is compliant with all regulations including, but not limited to: HIPAA, OSHA, GCP, ICH guidelines. Conducts clinical research in compliance with the protocol, GCP guidelines, WCCT Global SOP’s, and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Under the direction of the PI, ensures accurate investigational drug dispensation and accountability for all protocols conducted at WCCT Global.
3. Prepares open-label as well as blinded investigational drugs for dispensing and administration.
4. Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of study protocols, including all protocol requirements for investigational drug administration; allocates drug treatment based on randomization assignment (e.g. IVRS)
5. Calculate drug dosage and appropriate inactive/active ingredients for compounding
6. Interacts with Sponsors at pre-study visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, and close-out visits. Works with outside vendors as needed to complete study (e.g. acquire specific equipment/supplies)
7. Work closely with staff to ensure adherence to SOPs and regulations/guideline
8. Work with outside vendors as needed to complete study (e.g. acquire specific equipment/supplies)
• Minimum High School Diploma required
• Valid Current California Registered Pharmacist License required
• Pharm.D. or R.Ph. with 1 year experience in research and/or hospital environments required
• Attend training to fulfill/maintain work compliance
• Attend the internal and external training sessions/seminars for personal development
• Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times (e.g USP 797 guidelines)
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the:
Certificates & Licenses
• Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
• Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification strongly recommended
• Current American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification strongly recommended