The Network Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Install new / rebuild existing servers, desktops or laptops and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier I, II and III/other support for various IT related requests. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation.
- Follow SOP and Change Control process.
- Participate in off hours or on-call schedule as needed.
- Attend the external training sessions/seminars for personal development
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor and incidental to the work described herein.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Promote a positive team-orientated interaction between departments
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite - A proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher, and SharePoint
- Customer focus - Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Team player - Effective participant as a team member and team leader. Can demonstrate significant positive participation on successful teams.
- Professionalism and Integrity - Able to adapt to a changing environment and demonstrates a “make it happen” attitude. Exhibits professionalism in negotiating sensitive issues. Exhibits professionalism in negotiating sensitive issues.
- Problem solving techniques - Able to adapt to a changing environment and demonstrates a “make it happen” attitude.
- Interpersonal Interaction - Demonstrates excellent people skills and a positive attitude.
- Communication - Effective verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to write clear, succinct and convincing memos, letters and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks as necessary.
- Attention to detail - Produces high-quality, accurate work with minimal
- EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 6 years working in the IT networking/support field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Ability to talk or hear.
- Required to sit 90% of the workday.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.