This position requires an individual who is experienced in handling general day-to-day upkeep of a facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Complete understanding of facility repairs and maintenance including painting, dry wall repair, plumbing, basic electrical and basic carpentry.
2. Ability to meet productivity standards and maintain the accuracy and quality of work. Demonstrates the ability to monitor his/her own work to ensure accuracy and quality.
3. Ability to follow instructions, study protocols, work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP), and all applicable rules, processes, and regulations. Ability to respond to management direction, take responsibility for his/her own actions, and to be consistently at work and on time.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor/management and incidental to the work described herein.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and logical reasoning
- Promote a positive, team-orientated, interaction between departments
- Positive role model; exhibits confidence in self and others
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite - A proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
- Knowledge of other computer programs – SharePoint
- Customer focus - Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Team player - Effective participant as a team member and team leader. Can demonstrate significant positive participation on successful teams.
- Professionalism and integrity - Exhibits professionalism in negotiating sensitive issues.
- Problem solving techniques - Able to adapt to a changing environment and demonstrates a “make it happen” attitude.
- Interpersonal interaction - Demonstrates excellent people skills and a positive attitude.
- Communication - Effective verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to write clear, succinct and convincing memos, letters and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Organization - Ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks as necessary.
- Attention to detail - Produces high-quality, accurate work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt and be willing to assist with achieving Company goals in the area of responsibility and time.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND TRAINING
1. High School Diploma
1. Extensive knowledge on Electrical and Carpentry skills
2. Dry wall repair and good understanding of various painting techniques.
3. Proficient in written and verbal English communication
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Ability to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.